Everyone’s starting their Chicago training plans, so I thought I’d throw mine out there as well. I won’t start until next Monday after my 5K race, but week 18 is pretty light on the Hansons plan anyway.
This largely follows the standard Hansons advanced plan except for a few tweaks:
- I swapped Wednesday and Friday to fit my work schedule. Instead of 6 or 7 miles, I’ll do a half-hour or more of crossfit plus 4 miles afterward.
- I’ve scheduled a half marathon race about 2/3rds of the way in, which will require me to juggle the schedule a little. I’ll skip crossfit the week before and drop a “strength” workout to compensate.
- One 3-day camping trip in the early going that I need to work around. I’ll have to push the tempo up a day, which didn’t work out too great when I did it this way last summer, but hopefully I’m smarter about my training this time around.
Here are my projected pace targets in Hansons terms:
- Speed - 5:30/mi (17:00 5K)
- Strength - 6:15/mi
- Tempo - 6:40/mi (2:55 marathon)
- Marathon - 6:52/mi (3:00)
- Easy - 7:30/mi
I’ll play these by ear as I progress through the plan. My 5K time is pretty good right now, but my best marathon hasn’t caught up yet. I’m hoping I can train at a 2:55 target and then breeze my way to a sub-3:00 on race day.
- windycitymissy likes this
- daddyclay likes this
- happyhealthycook likes this
- carolynruns likes this
- fitnessinablog likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- runningeek likes this
- runslikeapenguin likes this
- fromlazytolively likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- sarahsrunningbucketlist said: Happy training!
- sarahsrunningbucketlist likes this
- tinkerbellrun likes this
- matttaran likes this
- michaelontherun likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- desert-child likes this
- rachaelfightsback said: Amazing.
- vivialive likes this
- lindsaydoeslife likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- seechrisrun posted this